FIVE AVENUES OF SERVICE
We channel our commitment to service at home and abroad through five Avenues of Service, which are the foundation of club activity.
- Club Service focuses on making clubs strong. A thriving club is anchored by strong relationships and an active membership development plan.
- Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society. Learn more in An Introduction to Vocational Service and the Code of Conduct.
- Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities and to serve the public interest. Learn more in Communities in Action: A Guide to Effective Projects.
- International Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this service avenue by sponsoring or volunteering on international projects, seeking partners abroad, and more.
- Youth Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs such as Rotaract, Interact, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards, and Rotary Youth Exchange.
Most service activities are performed at the club level, and as such are not included on the District web site. To learn more about specific club activities in our District, you can go
- here for all our club social media pages,
- here for a listing of clubs and where they meet, and
- here for a map of all clubs meetings.
NOTE - Rotary's Five Avenues of Service are five ways of HOW Rotarians can channel their commitment to serve.
These differ from The Rotary Foundation's Six Areas of Focus, which are more about WHO we serve and our causes:
- promoting peace,
- fighting disease,
- providing clean water, sanitation, and hygiene,
- saving mothers and children,
- supporting education, and
- growing local economies
A major sub-focus for Rotary since the mid-1980s, part of 'fighting disease', has been the eradication of polio.
Please click here to learn about The Rotary Foundation's Six Areas of Focus.